Fifteen hospitals and health care systems were included on Computerworld's 19th annual list of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT," Computerworld reports.
Nationwide, 375 organizations were nominated for the list.
To qualify for the list, U.S.-based companies had to have at least 50 IT workers, and companies based outside of the U.S. had to have at least 50 IT workers and 300 workers overall in the U.S.
The magazine surveyed the nominees to determine various job characteristics, such as:
- Average salary and bonus increases;
- Diversity in management positions;
- Percentage of IT workers promoted;
- Training opportunities; and
- Turnover rates among IT staff.
The magazine then surveyed a random sample of IT employees at the eligible companies on topics such as:
- Satisfaction with training; and
- Work-life balance.
Hospitals, Health Systems on List
The hospitals and health care systems included on the list include:
- Lehigh Valley Health Network in Allentown, Pa. (No. 7);
- Cedars-Sinai Health System in Los Angeles (No. 13);
- Kaiser Permanente in Oakland, Calif. (No. 18);
- Palmetto Health in Columbia, S.C. (No. 19);
- HCA in Nashville (No. 25);
- OhioHealth in Columbus (No. 35);
- Ascension Health in St. Louis, Mo. (No. 55);
- Norton Healthcare in Louisville, Ky. (No. 56);
- Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore (No. 57);
- Miami Children's Hospital in Miami (No. 63);
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Schaumburg, Ill. (No. 64);
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Fla. (No. 68);
- Partners HealthCare System in Boston (No. 73);
- Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte, N.C. (No. 89); and
- Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City (No. 91) (Computerworld, 6/18).