On Thursday, CMS announced that it has updated its Hospital Compare and Nursing Home Compare websites in an effort to provide consumers with more useful information, Healthcare IT News reports.
The websites are designed to help U.S. residents select hospitals and nursing homes by comparing how facilities perform on certain quality measures.
Updates to Websites
The Hospital Compare and Nursing Home Compare websites have been updated to:
- Allow researchers to access data on the sites through mobile applications;
- Improve user navigation though the use of maps and new search functionality; and
- Make glossaries and Web resources easier to understand.
Changes to Hospital Compare
In addition, the Hospital Compare website has added:
- Updated data for existing quality measures; and
- Two new measures on potential health risks of imaging services.
Changes to Nursing Home Compare
Meanwhile, the Nursing Home Compare website has added:
- Updated data on existing quality measures;
- Two new measures to report a nursing home's use of antipsychotic medications;
- Narratives detailing specific findings from nursing home inspections; and
- Information on nursing home ownership (Monegain, Healthcare IT News, 7/19).