The Long-Term and Post-Acute Care Health IT Collaborative has published a roadmap on its priorities for implementing health IT at nursing homes and rehabilitation centers, Health Data Management reports (Goedert, Health Data Management, 6/20).
The coalition of trade groups and not-for-profit organizations released the roadmap during its two-day summit in Baltimore this week (Conn, Modern Healthcare, 6/20).
The roadmap outlines the group's health IT priorities for 2012 through 2014, which include:
- Accelerating caregiver and consumer engagement in health care;
- Conducting quality measurement and improvement activities to boost care quality and processes;
- Emphasizing health IT as a business strategy to improve efficiency, streamline processes and better share information;
- Promoting the development of technology skills for members of the long-term and post-acute care workforce; and
- Using health IT to coordinate care among physicians, hospitals, and long-term and post-acute providers (Health Data Management, 6/20).
The roadmap also describes recent progress in health IT adoption among long-term and post-acute care facilities (Modern Healthcare, 6/20).