Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise, a health care interoperability group, has released a draft guide on providing access to patient health data through mobile devices, Modern Healthcare reports (Conn, Modern Healthcare, 6/18).
The guide -- titled, "Mobile Access to Health Documents" -- was published on June 5 (Versel, MobiHealthNews, 6/18).
Details of Guide
The guide describes a simplified application programming interface -- or API -- that could be used to access health data. Developers could use the guide to create:
- Applications that can access and submit patient medical histories;
- Communications links between electronic health record systems and in-home or mobile health monitoring devices;
- Measurement devices that can access patient histories from an EHR or a health information exchange;
- Patient kiosks for hospital registration departments; and
- Personal health record systems (Modern Healthcare, 6/18).
IHE is accepting public comments on the proposal through July 5 (MobiHealthNews, 6/18).