Research firm KLAS Enterprises has released its 2012 report on the top-performing health IT vendors, Healthcare IT News reports.
The report was based on interviews with about 20,000 health care providers (Miliard, Healthcare IT News, 12/14).
The providers rated 741 products and 220 services from more than 200 vendors (Murphy, EHR Intelligence, 12/14).
According to the report, Epic Systems was the preferred software vendor in eight of 23 categories, such as:
- Acute care electronic health record systems; and
- Ambulatory EHR systems for medium and large physician practices.
Epic also was named the best:
- Overall software vendor;
- Software suite vendor; and
- Physician practice vendor.
The report found that athenahealth was the preferred vendor in three of the 23 categories, such as:
- Ambulatory EHR system for small physician practices; and
- Practice management for small and medium physician practices.
In addition, Impact Advisors was selected as the top overall services vendor, and Cerner was awarded for application hosting and IT outsourcing (Kutscher, Modern Healthcare, 12/14).
The complete list of winners is available from Healthcare IT News (Healthcare IT News, 12/14).