A new report from Frost & Sullivan predicts that the telehealth market will grow over the next several years and identifies the top areas for such market growth, Healthcare IT News reports.
The report -- titled, "What Is Telehealth and What Is its Place in Healthcare?" -- states that telehealth is well-equipped to address the "shortfalls present in each step of the current health care experience, whether it is getting to see the right specialist at the appropriate time or making sure a patient properly manages [his or her] medications."
The report identifies the top five areas for growth in the telehealth market as:
- Home-based care and disease management monitoring;
- Remote physician or specialist services;
- Personal emergency response systems;
- Video diagnostic consultations; and
- Remote cardiac services (Miliard, Healthcare IT News, 10/18).