The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society recently launched an online State Health IT Dashboard to provide health care professionals and policymakers with easy access to information and resources on major health IT initiatives throughout the country, Healthcare IT News reports (Merrill, Healthcare IT News, 9/27).
The dashboard includes:
- A repository of state-specific health IT resources;
- Data on regional extension centers and health information exchanges;
- Tools to track health IT-related state legislation;
- Information on regional HIMSS chapters; and
- Contact information for recipients of the HIMSS' Davies Award for effective use of electronic health records (Goedert, Health Data Management, 9/24).
Users can access the dashboard at no cost. Project organizers plan to update the online tool as more information becomes available (Healthcare IT News, 9/27).