The Empowered Patient Coalition and Consumers Union's Safe Patient Project have launched a Web site that invites patients to fill out a 40-question survey about their experiences with an adverse medical event, Modern Healthcare reports.
The survey asks respondents to provide details on the incident, such as:
- The state where the error occurred;
- The type of health care provider involved;
- The procedure or treatment associated with the incident;
- Factors contributing to the error;
- Whether the affected patient considered legal action; and
- How the health care provider responded to the incident.
Patients have the option of submitting the survey anonymously.
The coalition said it plans to aggregate the information and use it to identify patterns that could lead to adverse medical events (McKinney, Modern Healthcare